We want your candles to be perfect before it gets to you and whilst it's with you. To ensure you get the most from your candles take note of the best care instructions below.
- First burn - your first burn is the most important. It sets the tone for how your candle will burn throughout its lifetime. You need to let it burn for around 2 hours minimum to ensure the wax melts all the way to the edge of the jar evenly.
- Crystals in vs. out - either way is fine. You can remove the crystals before you light by just wriggling them out of the wax or you can remove it once the wax has melted around it. Otherwise you can leave it in - just make sure you watch what it's doing to ensure the crystals don't put out the wick. If you leave in, the crystal will probably become hidden in the wax over time which is fine, you will be able to see it again once you light the candle.
- Wick trimming - always, always trim your wick before you burn the candle. Trimming down to 5mm should do the trick and will stop the candle from producing black smoke and from mushrooming.
- Burn time - it's probably not the best idea to keep our candles burning for longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Keep safe - candles should never be left unattended and definitely not in reach of children. Make sure your candles are on a sturdy surface to prevent any spillage (getting wax everywhere is not a fun time).
If you have any other candle care questions, please don't hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.